Thursday, August 8, 2019

Erik Hanson The Graffitti Artist






I got a notice from The Bronx museum today that they will be showing Henry Chalfant's work and I was reminded how much that work meant to me......when I was a little kid I was fascinated by his images of subway cars in NYC covered in graffitti and when I first came to NYC in the 1980's I was thrilled when one of these moving sculptures would pull into a subway station. So using my artist's logic, In 2005 I made a series of works on paper where my 5 Favorite Albums by the group "Sparks" were translated into their own universe and the song titles where rendered as graffitti floating in the sky, these were exhibited at MoMA/PS1 in 2005 in a show called "The Curious crystals...." a show curated by Bob Nickas and Steve La Freniere....

No comments:

Post a Comment