Monday, December 14, 2015

I am a Lie and I'm Gold at Yossi Milo Gallery

   I'm really glad that My needlepoint piece which I wrote about in my last posting here is included in this group show which opened on Friday December 11. The title of the show "I Am a Lie and I'm Gold" is a line from Amanda Lear's song " I Am a Photograph" and the video for that song.....is pretty entertaining and rather smart for a pop song.....which explains why it was never a hit in the U.S. ......


I am a Lie and I am Gold Curated by Marco Breuer
December 11, 2015 - January 23, 2016
Opening Reception: Friday, December 11, 5:00-8:00pm 
Yossi Milo Gallery
245 Tenth Avenue


I am a Lie and I am Gold is an exhibition about photography without the inclusion of a single photograph. Curated by artist Marco Breuer, the exhibition features works on paper, paintings, sculptures, textiles, and installations by 27 artists whose diverse practices engage with the idea that photography is a principle, not a product.

No comments:

Post a Comment